You are here

Creditor Forms

A Claim

A claim is the creditor's right to receive payment on a debt owed by the debtor that arose on the date of the bankruptcy filing.  See 11 U.S.C. 101 (5).  A claim may be secured or unsecured.

Proof of Claim

A proof of claim is a form used by the creditor to indicate the amount of the debt owed by the debtor on the date of the bankruptcy filing. The creditor must file the form with the clerk of the same bankruptcy court in which the bankruptcy case was filed. 

Proof of Claim

Proof of Claim, Attachment A

Proof of Claim, Supplement 1

Proof of Claim, Supplement 2

Creditor Change of Address

It is important to keep your address current with the court if you are a creditor in a bankruptcy case.  Use the fillable form in this Resources section.  Mail it to the Clerk, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, 517 East Wisconsin Avenue, Room 126 U.S. Courthouse, Milwaukee, WI 53202.   Click here for a fillable Change of Address Form.