The U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin will be closed on Monday September 1, 2014,
in observance of Labor Day.
For both chapter 7 and 13 cases, you must submit the following forms and pay a filing fee before we can begin processing your bankruptcy case:
- Voluntary Petition (Form B1) /Sign the form and include a day-time phone number.
- Filing Fee or Application to Pay Filing Fee in Installments (Form B 3A) or Fee Waiver for Chapter 7 Filers (Form B 3B)
- Creditor Matrix /Please use our online form.
- Statement of Social Security Number(s) (Local Form 21) / Non-debtor spouse information must be added to this document.
- Certificate of Credit Counseling / (Exhibit D) Warning: You must take the credit counseling before filing bankruptcy. Please READ.
- Declaration & Signature of Non-Attorney Bankruptcy Petition Preparer (Form B 19) / If applicable
- Statement disclosing Compensation paid or to be paid to a Bankruptcy Petition Preparer (Form B 280) / If applicable
You must file the following schedules and statements no later than 14 days after filing the voluntary petition. We recommend filing them at the same time:
- Summary of Schedules
- Schedule A / Real Property
- Schedule B / Personal Property
- Schedule C / Property Claimed Exempt
- Schedule D / Creditors Holding Secured Claims
- Schedule E / Creditors Holding Unsecured Priority Claims
- Schedule F / Creditors Holding Unsecured Non-priority Claims
- Schedule G / Executory Contracts & Unexpired Leases
- Schedule H / Co-debtors
- Schedule I / Your Income
- Schedule J / Your Expenses
- Declaration of Debtor's Schedules
- Statement of Financial Affairs
- Statement of Current Monthly Income / (B22A for Chapter 7 / B22C for Chapter 13) (Note to National Guard / Reservists)
- Model Chapter 13 Plan (updated as of January 20, 2011) Word / PDF
You must file the following statement within 30 days of filing the voluntary petition:
- Debtor's Statement of Intention (Form B8) / Chapter 7 filers only
You must file the following before a discharge can be granted:
- Completion of a Financial Management Course (You MUST file the completion certificate)
- Chapter 13 Debtor's Certifications regarding Domestic Support Obligations and Section (Form 283)
Other Forms & Information: