The United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin will be closed on Thursday, November 27, and Friday, November 28, 2014, in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
File a Claim Electronically
- Creditors are now able to file Proof of Claim forms for all chapters electronically. A CM/ECF login/password is not required.
- The Submit a Proof of Claim form program contains a fillable Form B10 Proof of Claim form. Supplemental documentation to the claim may be attached. The attorney may file the proof of claim through the website, indicating, "filed by: attorney" or may obtain a live ECF login and password.
- The address of the creditor is automatically added to the mailing matrix of a case when a proof of claim is filed to insure service of case-wide documents.
- Amended Claims - Check the box indicating that the claim amends a previously filed claim. Select the court claim number.
- The full name and title of a creditor or other person authorized to file a proof of claim must appear on the form. If a party other than the creditor is filing the proof of claim, the address of that party must be included. Filing a proof of claim electronically deems the claim signed by the creditor or authorized person.
Penalty for filing fraudulent claim: Fine of up to $500,000 imprisonment for up to 5 years, or both. 18 U.S.C. §§ 152 and 3571.
Frequently Asked Questions (updated 6/3/2010)