The U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin will be closed on Thursday, December 25th and Friday, December 26th, 2014, in observance of Christmas Day.
The U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin will be closed on Thursday, January 1st, and Friday, January 2, 2015, in observance of New Year's Day.
File a Claim Electronically
- Creditors are now able to file Proof of Claim forms for all chapters electronically. A CM/ECF login/password is not required.
- The Submit a Proof of Claim form program contains a fillable Form B10 Proof of Claim form. Supplemental documentation to the claim may be attached. The attorney may file the proof of claim through the website, indicating, "filed by: attorney" or may obtain a live ECF login and password.
- The address of the creditor is automatically added to the mailing matrix of a case when a proof of claim is filed to insure service of case-wide documents.
- Amended Claims - Check the box indicating that the claim amends a previously filed claim. Select the court claim number.
- The full name and title of a creditor or other person authorized to file a proof of claim must appear on the form. If a party other than the creditor is filing the proof of claim, the address of that party must be included. Filing a proof of claim electronically deems the claim signed by the creditor or authorized person.
Penalty for filing fraudulent claim: Fine of up to $500,000 imprisonment for up to 5 years, or both. 18 U.S.C. §§ 152 and 3571.
Frequently Asked Questions (updated 6/3/2010)